Saturday, April 14, 2018

Getting Help (Photo Story)

I’m really glad you came to see me. When I got Robyn’s call that you were back in town, I wanted to see for myself how you’re holding up. (Lena)
Not too well, I’m afraid. (Deirdre)
Have you considered talking to someone about what happened? (Lena)


I've talked to Robyn mostly. She knows all about Walter tracking me down and forcing me to come back to town. And I've spoken to an attorney, who is helping me obtain  a protective order to keep him away from Alyssa and me. (Deirdre)
It's good that you're getting help with the legal stuff, but I was referring to the assault. (Lena)
Who would I talk to? (Deirdre)



There are support groups for victims of intimate partner violence. (Lena)



No, I don’t belong there. I’m not a “victim”, I’m a fool. Those women are survivors of actual attacks, and they weren’t to blame for what happened to them. What happened to me was my fault. (Deirdre)
I’m so sorry you feel that way. (Lena)



A few months ago, I read about a woman who was raped by two men in a park. After the attack, she kept asking, “Why me?” I’ve never asked myself, “Why me?” I know why. Instead, I ask myself why did I go to him? Why did I have to care so much whether he lived or died? Why do I still care now? (Deirdre)



You still care? (Lena)
Yes, but don’t worry, I won’t go back to him. I know we can't be together. It hurts to look at Alyssa and know that we will never be the family I once dreamed of having with him. (Deirdre)
That has to be hard. Being a single parent has its challenges, so if there’s ever anything I can do to help with the baby or anything else, just let me know.



Actually, if you wouldn’t mind, I have to meet someone later today. I was planning to take her with me, but she’s safer here with you in case Walter does something stupid. (Deirdre)



It would be my pleasure. I remember when my girls were this size. That was a while ago. As much as I love watching them grow up, I do occasionally miss their baby stage.




LATER at the offices of Gordon & Webb
Walter has been served with the TPO, and he lawyered up  just like we expected. (Claudette)



He hired John Lomax. That guy lost his moral compass a long time ago. It’s a wonder he still finds his way to and from the courthouse without getting lost. Putting Lomax on his payroll is a sign that he intends to fight. (Claudette)



So, now what? (Deirdre)



I’m prepping for the likelihood of a paternity suit. Once paternity is established, he will no doubt petition for custody and visitation.  We really don’t have enough to get a permanent restraining order right now, so things could get ugly once the temporary order runs out. Have you taken my previous advice into consideration? (Claudette)



As a matter of fact, I have. I’m meeting someone this afternoon. (Deirdre)




Deirdre asked Robyn for Kevin's contact info following her first meeting with Claudette. She invited him to meet her at Tsushinami.
Hi, I’m Chikao, and it's my pleasure to serve you today. Have you dined at Tsushinami before? (Chikao)
Deirdre nods yes, but Kevin says, "No."



Well, welcome and welcome back. May I get you started with some drinks? (Chikao)



I’ll have ice water, no lemon. (Kevin)



Make that two. And I’ll also have a lemonade. (Deirdre)
Okay, I’ll be right back with those drinks. (Chikao)
When Chikao returns with the drinks, he tells them about the lunch specials and takes their orders. Deirdre orders a sushi bento box from the specials menu and Kevin orders the sushi sampler.



So, how have things been? (Deirdre)
Great, actually. I finished tightening up the security at Robyn’s club, and I now have two other jobs in the works. Speaking of Robyn, she mentioned that you’re a pretty talented singer. (Kevin)



Yeah, well I'm taking a little break for personal reasons, but I’m planning to get back to singing real soon. (Deirdre)

Is that why you were at the record company when we first met? (Kevin)
Yep, I was there negotiating a contract with PS Records. (Deirdre)


Chikao returns with their food.
Is there anything else I can get for you? (Chikao)
Deirdre and Kevin both say no.
Alright, I'll be back to check on you in a bit. Enjoy your meal. (Chikao)


I wasn't expecting to hear from you again. It was a pleasant surprise, though. (Kevin)
I wasn't expecting to need your help again so soon. (Deirdre, laughs)
You said on the phone that you had a proposition for me. (Kevin)



I do. I’d like to hire you. (Diedre)
Really? To do what? (Kevin)



I find myself in a “situation” and I need around the clock protection. (Deidre)



From the crazy ex-boyfriend? (Kevin)
Yes. (Deidre)



Kevin looks her over appraisingly and then answers.
I’ll do it. (Kevin)




Meanwhile, Walter's at work, though no one could accuse him of actually getting any work done. He just hung up the phone with his lawyer when his secretary buzzes to inform him that Edith is on her way in to see him.
What can I do for you, Mother? (Walter)



Edith glares at Walter disapprovingly.
How long did you think you could continue to screw up before word got back to me? (Edith)



I don’t know what you’ve heard, but your spies are exaggerating. I have everything under control. (Walter)
Disappearing for days at a time, losing two of our biggest clients, and showing up to a board meeting high on whatever the hell it is you’re taking is not what I would consider “under control.” And then today I get a call that you’ve retained John Lomax. What kind of trouble are you in now? (Edith)



I’m not in trouble, Mother. Lomax is just helping me sort through some personal issues. (Walter)



You know, most people sort through their personal issues without lawyers, lawsuits, and large sums of hush money. I swear if this is like the last time…(Edith)



No, it’s not. It’s different. In fact, you should be helping me instead of hassling me. (Walter)
And why on earth would I want to do that? (Edith)
I thought maybe you'd want to get to know your grandchild. (Walter)
My what? (Edith)



Come look, I have a picture in my phone.
There she is. Isn’t she beautiful? She looks just like her mother. (Walter)
Who, according to my sources, has filed for a restraining order against you. (Edith)
A misunderstanding, Mother! I never meant to hurt her. I just… (Walter, snaps)




Oh for goodness sake, spare me the sordid details! (Edith)
I'm warning you; if you think I’m about to let you run this company in the ground because you’re pussy whipped and can’t handle rejection, then you’ve lost what little mind you had left.
Now pull yourself together, or I'll have you thrown into a padded cell at Hillendale. (Edith)

And on that note, Edith exits Walter's office. She's hesitant to get tangled up in Walter's legal drama, but she's determined to have access to her first grandchild.


Thanks for reading!

16 comments:

  1. Personal protection orders, full time body guard - things are getting tense for our Deidre! I was liking Edith until the comment about her determination to have "access" to her grandchild! The rich and powerful have their ways of getting what they want! Can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the tension has hit an all-time high for Deirdre. And now with Edith entering the equation, who knows what will happen next. I kind of like Edith ;)

      Delete
  2. Awesome story as always!! I feel so bad for Deidre! I don't believe that a TPO will keep his silly behind away from her and Alyssa. Edith seems no nonsense and does not appear to hold up for stupidity. I hope that she is team Women's Rights and will work with Deidre as opposed to against her. Looking forward to the next episode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Edith does not suffer fools. One thing's for sure, she knows how to handle Walter. I like the way you think, but I wonder how Deidre would feel about having Edith as an ally.

      Delete
    2. My thinking exactly! She surely has some dirt on Walter and helping Deidre would get her access to that grandbaby!

      Delete
  3. A bodyguard is a splendid idea! Edith's way of talking is just awesome, hahaha! I kind of like her! And she looks fabulous in that dress :-). Great episode! Much greetings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Linda! I feel the same way about Edith- LOL

      Delete
  4. Good to see Deirdre is taking care of her business and protecting herself.

    Edith is a sharp dresser. Seems painfully clever, too.

    (OT: is Edith the Mattel Barbara Streisand doll? Thanks.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D7ana! I love your description of Edith. Yes, she is the Barbra Streisand doll. I've been looking forward to introducing her character for quite some time.

      Delete
    2. Neat! She's interesting. I think she'll be fun to watch - and likeable, too.

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad to read of this story. I'm hoping Edith can be the voice of reason. It sounds like she knows about Walter's craziness, but needs to do more about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jaye! Mothers have a certain intuition about their children, don't they? Edith might be the one person who can actually check Walter and his craziness.

      Delete
  6. OOOOOO there is more! These last few bits aren't linked on the storylines page!

    ReplyDelete