Monday, July 24, 2017

SYC The FINAL Week

It's the FINAL countdown!
Excuse me for a moment while I search for that hilarious Geico commercial.

Okay, I'm back. If you haven't been following my month of SYC (Savor Your Collection), please check out the challenges and pictures from weeks onetwo, and three. And even if you have been following along, it's worth another look in case you missed some of the fun pictures that I've been continuously updating.

Day 23) Exclusives
Whether it's a Barbie Fan Club exclusive, W Club exclusive, convention exclusive, or store exclusive (I'm looking at you Barbie Basics Red collection), it's time to savor those dolls created especially for whatever! And while we're on the subject, what do y'all think of this year's National Barbie Doll Collectors Convention exclusive?

Glamazon Adele, an Integrity Toys convention exclusive

Day 24) Life in the Dreamhouse 
It's time for a look at those fabulous doll houses and doll house dioramas.

*Picture coming soon

Day 25) Ladies of Leisure
What do your dollies like to do in their free time? Do they bike, hike, swim, read, paint, or play an instrument?

Book Club meeting at the local bookshop cafe


I've had these unopened fashions for a while. This was a great opportunity to open them up and put them to use. The twins take music lessons in their free time, and Rosa paints.





Day 26) Pet/Animal Lovers
This day is dedicated to  dolls with pets and/or those who love to wear animal print or clothes featuring animals. Dr. Williams, the town vet finally got some play time thanks to SYC. He's been sitting neglected in a plastic bin for months. I also got to use the veterinarian playset that Mara gifted me. Repainting it has been on my "later" list for months.


Day 27) Working Girls
If we have a day especially for the ladies of leisure, then we also have to have a day for those who work hard for the money. Here are the female models of Muse Model Management.


Mal, Natasha, and Yasmin

Day 28) Red-y for the Weekend
Redress one or more dolls in a weekend ready red ensemble.


Day 29) Ladies Night
Dress your dolls for a fun evening out.


Day 30) Barbie Style
Taking a leaf from the wildly popular Barbie Style book, the challenge was to put together an ensemble and then choose the perfect doll to wear it.





Day 31) Shopping Queens
Let's salute our little shopping queens as we get our credit and debit cards ready. After a month of savoring our collections, we are ready to return to the stores with more targeted shopping lists.



Thanks for tuning in!

10 comments:

  1. I like this version of Adele. I know a lot of people do. Both of her fashions are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She was my first FR doll. I waited for what seemed like forever for one that didn't look evil- Lol.

      Delete
    2. LOL! I know what you mean (no pun intended). I just came back and saw more photos. I love the red sofa, the Ladies of Leisure and the Ladies who Work Hard for the Money.

      Delete
  2. Wow, she is really gorgeous!!! Her clothes are as wonderful as to be expected from IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, April! I actually redressed her in non-IT items for the pictures. The petaled dress was an eBay find and the second outfit is from the Barbie Look Party Perfect doll.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing your dolls - love your Romeo Ken. I miss mine; he's still in storage. Cool to see Mixis Emerald, too.

    SYC posts are fun to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I love your idea of posting neglected dolls and related items! I especially like the Romeo Ken too! I don't have one but will have to put him on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So apparently, some of the notifications of comments were going to my junk mail...smh. Romeo Ken is a hottie. He is definitely worthy of a spot on your list. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I notice some comments going to spam too! What's that about?

      Delete