Saturday, April 22, 2017

Family Planning (Photo Story)

Brandy and Angelica stop at a bar for drinks after a day of shopping.

You can ask me about anything but the wedding. I’m all talked out on that topic. (Brandy)
Well, it won’t be long now, so I’ll let you off the hook. (Angelica)


It’s been a helluva week at work. I think I’ll have a glass of red wine. How about you? (Angelica, waving the waitress over)
Hmmm, I think I’ll try one of those fruity cocktails, but without the alcohol. (Brandy)


No alcohol? Don’t tell me your diet won’t allow for the occasional cocktail with a splash of happy juice. (Angelica)
No, I’m not counting calories. I’m abstaining for other reasons. (Brandy)


Oh my gosh, are you pregnant?! (Angelica)
Angie, please! (Brandy)


Don’t “Angie, please” me. I can tell when you’re hiding something. You get that look. (Angelica)
I am NOT pregnant. But when I am, you will know. (Brandy)


LATER

Brandy returns home from shopping. Tony is on the sofa reading the paper.


Did I tell you that I saw my doctor yesterday? (Brandy)
No, is everything okay, Babe? (Tony)


Mm hmm, I needed to do my biometric screening and I was due for a physical, so I scheduled an appointment with my doctor. I, um, told her not to renew my prescription for birth control pills. (Brandy)


What?! (Tony)
Don’t worry. She says it can take a few months to get out of my system, and we’ll be married by then. (Brandy)


But Babe don’t you want to enjoy life as newlyweds before adding kids to the equation? (Tony)
It’s a little late for that, or have you forgotten? (Brandy)


You know what I mean, and having Kayla in our lives is different. We get her a couple of weekends a month. That’s not the same as caring for a newborn 24-7. (Tony)
I don’t see any point in waiting to start our family. (Brandy)


I just think we should talk about it first. (Tony)
That’s what we’re doing right now. (Brandy)


Yeah, but… (Tony)
I thought you’d be excited about this. We’ve both talked about wanting lots of kids. I’m ready to get started. (Brandy)

Tony stops to really hear what his fiancée is saying. Then he moves to sit next to her.


Alright, just look me in the eyes and tell me this is what you really want and that it has nothing to do with your mother wanting grandbabies or me already having a child with Lea or anything like that. (Tony)


Brandy looks Tony in the eyes and smiles and then kisses him passionately.


Thanks for reading!

16 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I think she's wanting to cement her place in his life by having his child too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that feeling, too. I know too many women who have tried having a man's baby to secure the relationship.

      Delete
  2. This is definitely something that they should have decided on together. I am wondering if Brandy is doing it for a reason other than what she is saying....hmmm. Tony seems to be shocked that she decided not to renew her birth control pills.

    Your diorama looks great as always!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I agree that it's a decision they should have made together. I know they're not husband and wife yet, but it's fine for them to go ahead and practice being of the same mind.

      Delete
  3. Brandy! That is not a decision you make alone. smh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Thanks for chiming in, grandmommy.

      Delete
  4. I think Brandy is showing her insecurity in her relationship with Tony. She seems to still fear she might lose him to Lea because of their child together. Come on, girl, he is marrying you, not her. No babies until you both decide the time is right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good points, Phyllis! I wonder what it will take for her to feel secure in his love for her.

      Delete
  5. I don't even know where to start with Brandy. First of all, that line about it taking a while to get the pills out of her system is a crock of bull. She knows it too, because if she really believed it, she'd still be drinking alcohol. She also should not take steps and then act like she's talking about things with Tony. I agree with what others have already said, she is insecure and rushing to have a baby to make herself feel better. Bad move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've called her out on a couple of things, Jaye and I have to agree with you. I don't like the way she pretended to involve Tony in a decision that she had already made.

      Delete
  6. Ditto on what everyone else says. Insecure women can seem unattractive (inside and out) after awhile. Adding a new baby to a new marriage is just not a smart thing to do. It would be better for her to spend the time getting to know her new husband. I'm sure Tony isn't like some other men, but some men are jealous when babies arrive and they feel they need a lot more attention from their wives. This is probably more complicated when the marriage is so new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great advice as always, Vanessa. And when we consider how quickly they got engaged in the first place, it makes even more sense that they should really get to know one another before adding a baby to the equation.

      Delete
  7. I agree with everyone else. This is a pretty big decision for Brandy to make on her own without even discussing it with Tony first. I'm not sure this is going to work out well if they start planning for a child this soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that she's probably anxious to start a family since she's already in her thirties, but I agree with all of you that a little patience would be wise and the father should be on board first.

      Delete
  8. I'M GLAD I'M GETTING YOUR POST AS WELL AS OTHERS AGAIN YEAH...... I THINK THE PROBLEM WAS MY GMAIL. GREAT EPISODES. :) DEIRDRE WHY DIDN'T YOU DISAPPEAR FARAWAY OR HAD A FEW BODYGUARDS!!! ;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ladonna! I'm glad you're getting posts again, too. I always wonder about readers when I haven't seen them comment in a while. It's good to have you back.

      Delete