Many thanks to My doll stuff who tagged me for The Leibster Award!
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who presented you the award and link back to their blog.
- Post the award image on your blog.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter.
- Nominate 5 blogs with less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for the nominees to answer.
- List these rules in your post. Inform the people you chose of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog and link them to your post.
1. What was the first doll or figure that started your collection?
The doll that started my current collection was So in Style Tennis Grace. I say my current collection, because I collected 14”-18” porcelain dolls from about age 9-14. I no longer have those dolls and I don’t remember much about them except that my grandmother purchased them for me.
2. Do you take your dolls out in public to take photos?
3. What are you looking forward to in 2016?
I joined the W club for the first time this year. I’m looking forward to everything the club has to offer this year, like sneak peeks at the dolls, preordering privileges, and more.
4. Do you have a favorite doll in your collection?
My favorite male doll is Fashion Royalty Fast Track Victor James. 2016 is supposed to be the year that he gets some camera time. I suppose So in Style Grace is my favorite female doll. I have several Grace dolls, and have rarely seen an incarnation of Grace that I didn’t like.
No, I do not have a favorite doll brand at the moment.
6. Do you get dolly items gifted to you from family and friends?
7. Do you name every doll you own?
Yes, I do. And I put a lot of thought into it, too. I’ll make lists, do internet searches, and contemplate a particular name for days until I’m sure it’s just right for the doll’s character. I put just as much thought into naming businesses in our little doll town, too.
8. You can have any doll maker make the doll of your dreams. What does it look like?
I would need TWO dolls. They would be made to look like my precious daughters in 1:6 scale. The dolls would have rooted hair and eyelashes and pose-ability similar to a Made to Move Barbie doll.
9. How old were you when you received your first doll? What happened to her?
I don’t know the exact answer to this question. I remember having dolls to play with from a very young age. All of the dolls from my childhood (the ones I played with and the ones I collected) are gone. Some were disposed of, and others were given away.
10. What is your 2016 doll wish list?
My 2016 wish list is mostly characters and playsets needed for photo stories. Here are a few of the items: Barbie baby sitter set, 2016 pediatrician set, BFC Ink Calista, Barbra Streisand Barbie doll. I would also really love to get another Kidkraft dollhouse.
11. What sort of aesthetics do you look for in a doll?
I’m a player not a displayer, so a doll has to have more than just a pretty face. I look for dolls with character. When I look into a doll’s face, I have to see a story or at least a part to play in a current story. It’s a plus if the doll already has articulation, and even more so if it comes with cool clothes and/or accessories. I only collect dolls in 1:6 scale, and I do not care for dolls with overly large heads.
My questions are:
1. What motivated you to start blogging?
2. What inspires you to write a new post?
3. Do you belong to any doll collecting clubs?
4. What doll-related project(s) are you currently working on?
5. What is the most treasured doll in your collection (in other words, who would you try to save in a fire)?
6. How do you organize your collection?
7. How do you decide what to add to or purge from your collection?
8. In your opinion, what was the best doll release of 2015?
9. What are you looking forward to in 2016?
10. Patience is a plus in this hobby. Tell us about a time when having patience really paid off for you.
11. Thinking back to when you first started collecting and/or blogging, how have you evolved as a collector/blogger?
And my nominees are:
Thanks for reading!
P.S. If you haven't been nominated, but one or more of the questions speaks to you, feel free to put your answer in the comments. I would love to read them.