About a month ago, I was tagged for the Liebster Award.
Once tagged, you’re supposed to:
-Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
-Give your readers eleven random facts about yourself. See below.
-Answer the eleven questions from the person who nominated you. My 22 answers are below.
-Nominate eleven bloggers to receive the award.*
-Invent eleven questions for your nominees.*
I am going to skip the last two steps, because I am extremely late to the party. Also, the bloggers I would tag have already been tagged once or twice.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I am a terrible singer. I’m talking really, really bad but I like to sing (loudly) in the car.
2. I love to dance. I used to turn a house party out back in the day. Don’t stop, get it, get it! LOL
3. I am an awesome Spades player. Before I cleaned up my language, my partner and I used to talk mad ish at the card table. I wish my husband knew how to play.
4. I don’t drink coffee, but I love the way it smells.
5. I’m a cake snob. I will only buy/eat birthday cake from Publix Bakery.
6. I didn’t learn to drive until I was 21, and even then it was out of necessity. When I lived in the city, I was walking distance from a rail station.
7. I’m a fashionista. I used to take daily pictures of my outfits and share them on a fashion blog.
8. I closed my Facebook account four years ago, and have never regretted it.
9. I don’t talk on the phone much. I’m a face-to-face kind of gal.
10. I am a huge Michael Jackson fan. Some of my closest friends actually called to check on me the day he died.
11. I can be just a tad obsessive about things like crooked pictures or things that don’t fit properly or are out of place.
1. What’s the oldest item in your immediate environment?
I’m sitting in our den, and I’m pretty sure the oldest thing in this room is me.
2. When has a project exceeded your wildest expectations? How?
This blog has exceeded my wildest expectations. I never really expected to have followers, or to be writing stories, or anything like that. It’s pretty cool to be linked to you all in this way.
3. Chocolate: white, dark, milk, or none at all?
None at all.
4. If you could have dinner with three fictional characters, who would they be?
Sherlock Holmes (as played by Robert Downey, Jr.), Gregor (from the Underland Chronicles), and his bond, the giant bat, Ares.
5. What’s your all-time favorite movie?
The Last Dragon. It’s a cult classic and I never get tired of seeing Richie break dance out of those ropes. What y’all know ‘bout Bruce Leroy?
6. If you could choose a career other than your actual one, what would it be?
I would probably choose to be a psychotherapist.
7. How many cats is the optimum number?
I’m going to go with two.
8. What is the most versatile tool in your arsenal?
My glue gun is versatile…dangerous, but versatile.
9. Winter person or summer person?
Neither. I dislike being cold as much as I dislike being hot. I prefer fall.
10. What do you most wish you could organize properly?
doll clothes and accessories
11. What do you do to find inspiration?
I watch soap operas. I never get any ideas. Instead I get the feeling that I could probably write better story lines than the nonsense I see in the soaps, and then I give it a go.
1. What is the last doll project you worked on?
That would have to be dioramas for upcoming stories: a park and a bridal salon.
2. Of all the things you do dolly related, name your favorite thing to do (i.e., making clothes, making furniture, etc.)
My favorite thing has to be writing the stories. I have a notebook with pages and pages of stories and ideas for stories.
3. Do you get dolly items gifted to you from family or friends?
Yes, but only if I make a specific request.
4. Which do you prefer when it comes to doll items- making them yourself, buying to customize or buying to use as is?
I’m not very crafty, so I prefer buying to use as is. I’d rather pay the crafty folks to make what I need, so I can concentrate on my stories. Heck, I’d pay someone to take the pictures, too if I could afford it.
5. Are any of your characters based on someone you know?
Yep, a few of them are, and a number of my story ideas come from personal experiences or those of people I know.
6. If you could attend one doll conference, all expenses paid, which one would it be and why?
I think I’d go to an Integrity convention. The write-ups I’ve read about them sound really nice.
7. What one doll item do you wish you could find that you have never seen made for purchase?
Maxi pads! Oh wait, the Lammily folks just made those…never mind. Just kidding! Nothing comes to mind at the moment.
8. Do you take your dolls out in public to take photos?
No, but I probably would if I had any idea how to take good photos outdoors.
9. Where was your all-time favorite vacation?
My first Caribbean cruise is still my favorite. I got married on a beach in the Virgin Islands.
10. Do you see movies in the theater or wait for video?
Both. It depends on the movie. I can usually tell from the preview if I have to see it right away or if it can wait.
11. Have you ever been to Vegas?
No, nor do I have any desire to ever go.
See y'all tomorrow with a new photo story!