Tuesday, July 21, 2015

New Dolls: It's All Relative

Lots of new dolls have come to reside in Dollton in the past few months. Allow me to formally introduce some of the new dollies alongside their relatives.


I used one of my end-of-school year gift cards to add Ally to my growing collection of Hispanic dolls. Now Dena has a daughter. Ally works for Grace at the flower shop. Ally is on a Barbie Style Teresa body- the new one with the articulated ankles.


I finally scooped up the dark and lovely fashionista. Watching her sell out in several places made me realize that if I didn’t act soon, then I was going to miss out. I kept passing her up in stores, because I was waiting to find one with perfect bangs. Finally, I ordered three at one time from Walmart using Site-to-Store with plans to keep the best of the bunch and return the others. Her new name is Eboni Miller. She is Chandra’s cousin. And she has a daughter. Remember the cutie from the June Brides post? Kenya is Chandra’s niece. Eboni is on a Baby Phat Chandra body. I know I said that I was over two-toned hair, and I am, but I actually like hers. It's a bit disheveled in the picture though from having her head removed.


The blonde fashionista is Robyn’s cousin, Kanika, from Tennessee. Kanika will be waitressing at Robyn’s club. I removed her garish pink lipstick, and I have plans to rebody her soon. I mixed a nice neutral shade for her lips and will paint them one day when I need something to do. And is it just me or is her head A LOT bigger than Eboni's?


A mother- and father-of-the-bride were must haves, and these two look so good together. Lando Calrissian is Dr. William Norwood, renowned plastic surgeon. Diana Ross is Rosalyn Norwood. Then I decided that Brandy needed a sister. The 2002 AA Collector Barbie has a similar facial sculpt, and as far as I know is one of only two dolls ever made with this sculpt. She is now Yolanda Stacy, Brandy’s (married) younger sister.


And what about the groom's mother? I guess the third time really is the charm, because I tried two other dolls in the role of Tony and Amber's mom before realizing that BB Collection Red Model No.02 was perfect. Now we see where Amber gets that big hair. Larissa Scott is a widow, so don't expect to see good 'ol dad. Larissa is on the same body as Amber- Barbie Style Nikki. I grabbed another one when Amazon had them for like eight bucks with free shipping.


Raven is Millicent’s niece. She recently transferred to AU and will be staying with her aunt and uncle instead of on campus. She’s helping out at the bakery until classes begin in the fall. And check out Marisa pattern mixing and looking very on-trend like the star she is!



40th Anniversary Ken is Millicent's brother-in-law, Nathan. He shares a facial sculpt with her husband, Gabriel, so the two are brothers.  He’s so handsome and has the same articulation as So in Style Darren. Faith Hill is Nathan’s wife, Hilary. She is on a Divergent Tris body. I removed her widow’s peak and tattoos with acetone. Nathan and Hilary have twin sons, Justin and Jason.  You can read more about what they do for a living on the Characters page.


P.S. The Baby Phat Kara in the background of the bakery pic is new, too. She might be Camille and Grace's cousin, but I haven't committed to that story yet. Her name is Karalyn (pronounced just like Carolyn). You know the rule: first doll in the house gets the given name. Mara had the first Kara in the house, so I had to change my doll's name.




That’s all for now, but I’ll leave you with a teaser about the newbies I’m saving for a different post. The list includes a grail doll that has been on my wish list for at least a year, the most beautiful AA holiday Barbie (imho) ever created, my first Dynamite Girl, and a new (to me) Fashion Royalty Homme.

26 comments:

  1. Wonderful dolls and families, I look forward to see them in the next stories.
    I'm also thrilled to see you first Dynamite Girl and Homme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Billa! If all goes as planned, I should have a second Dynamite Girl very soon. And you already know that the Homme boys are addicting.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Impressive new dolls. Thanks for sharing the bodies you transferred heads to. That's useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, D7ana! I was hoping that would be useful info.

      Delete
  3. Great dolls! Looking forward to great stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, grandmommy! I spent some time today planning the next few stories, so we will see some of them again very soon.

      Delete
  4. Hey Jewell, you've made some really great purchases here! Love all of your new additions. You've done a great job of putting people together as families! Can't wait to hear more about these people in your stories. I also can't wait to see the Dynamite Girl and the Homme you purchased and how they fit into your stories and families!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just loving putting together doll families. You and Vanessa got me started with that. The Dynamite Girl and the Homme are characters in a new story line I'm planning for 2016. The stories will be rife with drama, seduction, deception, and of course gorgeous dolls.

      Delete
  5. Love all the new dolls - and that they all seem to "go" so well with their families!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, jSarie! I have a lot of fun working out the pairings, and I love it when a doll family goes together in a convincing way.

      Delete
  6. Love all the new families, especially Dena and her daughter. They look so much alike. Ahhh, and the little Kelly doll is ohhh so cute. That David's Bridal set was the best. Sorry I missed out on that one. I'm looking forward to your three new dolls. I won't even begin to try to guess who they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vanessa! I commented above that you and Phyllis are the ones who got me started with putting dollies together in families. I had no real plans to put Ally in a family at first. But when I placed her on a shelf near Dena I was like, "Oh my gosh, they could totally be mother and daughter."

      Delete
  7. I love all the new dolls! Can't wait to see who the new Homme is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! I had hoped to have two new Hommes to introduce, but one got away. Patience is a necessity in this hobby, so I'll keep watching and waiting.

      Delete
  8. I like all of the newbies. I also like seeing families come together and members added. And, yes, Kanika's head is big. I guess she's just unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janainah! That balloon head might get Kanika voted off the island. I'm trying to look past it, but good grief.

      Delete
  9. These are some great pairings, especially Dena!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Muff! I had a lot of fun working out these pairings. A few of them just happened, but others (like Tony and Amber's mom) were a bit of work.

      Delete
  10. Girl, you are on a roll! Lol!! I love reading about characters and their families. You have matched them all very well. Looking forward to seeing your new dollies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Georgia Girl! I know what you mean. I enjoy reading about characters and families as much as I enjoy matching them and creating their back stories.

      Delete
  11. Ok, here goes the hateraid! I so want a Diana Ross in Dotsville!!, that is one gorgeous doll! Yes, I am jealous, yes I ENVY you and Vanessa BUT... congrats on the wonderful dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Diana Ross is one classy and beautiful doll. I had to splurge on some suits and dresses for her, because she is far too chic for the stuff I had laying around here.

      Delete
  12. Wow, wonderful dolls. Is Ally a fifth harmony doll?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, Ally is a Fifth Harmony doll. I gave her an articulated body so she can have an active role in my stories.

      Delete
  13. Lovely doll families you've got there!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't explain why putting the dollies in families is so much fun, but it is- lol.

      Delete