Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Intense (Photo Story)

Is the suite okay? (Walter)
It’s very nice. Thank you. (Deirdre)
Sean puts down Deirdre’s bags and leaves the room.


May I have her back now? I should change her and get her ready for bed. (Deirdre)
In a minute. I need to ask you something. (Walter)
Sure (Deirdre gulps) go ahead. (Deirdre)
Why did you break your promise to me? Why did you leave? (Walter)



Deirdre tries to choose her words carefully, knowing that any little thing could set him off.


Umm… (deep breath) I guess I got scared. Things grew kind of intense and you… (Deirdre)



You’re right. I know. You’re right. I am an intense guy. I won’t deny it. Baby, I apologize if my passion scared you away. It’s just that I love you so much. It consumes me and makes me overprotective. What you and I have is special, and I have to protect it. Don’t you understand? I could never live with myself if I let anyone or anything come between us. I guess if you’ve never known that kind of love and commitment, if you've never had someone love you so passionately, it can seem a little scary. Let me show you there's nothing to be afraid of. Let’s start over. Okay? Would you like that? (Walter)


Deirdre nods and Walter puts the baby down and then leans in for a kiss. She recoils but he pulls her closer.


Relax. (Walter, whispering)
Walter, I uh I…I’m sorry. I’m not ready for this. It’s not that I don’t want to. (Deirdre)



Shhh, shhh...It won't be like last time. I'll be gentle. I promise. (Walter)
Walter, please...my body is still healing. (Deirdre, beginning to cry)


Dammit! Do you know how long I’ve been waiting to feel your heartbeat against mine again, to kiss you, to hold you, to make love to you?! This f#cking pain is more than I can bear! I’m taking all kinds of pills and sh!t just to get through each day! Don't you understand?! (Walter)



I know. I know, but could you wait just a little while longer…for me? Please. (Deirdre)
F#ck!! (Walter)
He flips over a table in anger and the baby starts to cry.



Walter, you're scaring the baby. (Deirdre)
I love you. You know that, right? (Walter, in tears)
Yes, I do. (Deirdre, nodding)
Alright, I’ll just take a cold shower and sleep on the sofa. (Walter)



It’s okay. You really don’t have to stay. We’ll be alright. We have everything we need. (Deirdre)
There isn’t any place I’d rather be. This is all I’ve hoped for for the past year. I wish you would stay at my place until I can... (Walter)



No, I uh don’t want us to move too fast. We’re supposed to be starting over, right? We should take things slow. (Deirdre)
Right. Well, Sean will hang around and keep an eye on the place…so you feel safe. Don’t get any ideas. (Walter)



Okay, goodnight. (Deirdre)
I love you... both of you. (Walter)
Yeah, me too. (Deirdre)


THE FOLLOWING DAY
Deirdre stops by the club to see Robyn. Robyn looks very relieved to see her.



Thank goodness you made it through the night. (Robyn)
Barely. Is that for me? (Deirdre)



Yeah, I figured you’d need a drink. (Robyn)



He didn’t touch you, did he? (Robyn)
No, I managed to keep him at bay, but it wasn’t easy. He scares the sh!t out of me. He’s like a bomb with a broken clock. You know he’s gonna go off, you just don’t know when. (Deirdre)
Well, I made the appointment you asked me to make. Everything’s all set up. She’s expecting you at two. (Robyn)



Excuse me. Robyn, there’s a delivery that you need to sign for. (Fefi)



Will you be okay for a minute? (Robyn)
Sure, take your time. (Deirdre)


Deirdre is deep in thought when a gentleman approaches and speaks.


Excuse me. Don’t I know you? (Kevin)



I don’t think… Wait a second. I do remember you. You helped me out of a jam last year. (Deirdre)



So, it is you. Crazy ex-boyfriend, right? (Kevin)
You have no idea. (Deirdre)
May I sit down? (Kevin)
Deirdre nods.



I want to thank you again for your help that day. (Deirdre)
Don’t mention it. (Kevin)
So, what are you up to? (Deirdre)
I’m here checking some things out. Ms. Anthony wants to tighten up security. (Kevin)



Oh. Are you no longer working for the record company? (Deirdre)
No. Remember that warning you gave me? Well, you were right. Your guy friend… What’s his name? (Kevin)
His name is Walter… and he is not a friend. (Deirdre)
Got it. Well, Walter got me fired from that job. (Kevin)



Oh my goodness. I’m so sorry. That wouldn’t have happened if you hadn’t tried to help me. (Deirdre)



Don’t apologize. I had been thinking of going into business for myself. Losing that job ended up being just the push I needed. I do free-lance security work now. And I’m doing quite well if I do say so. I should be the one thanking you. (Kevin)
Then I’m glad it worked out. (Deirdre smiles)


LATER at the offices of Gordon & Webb

We’ll file the paperwork for the temporary protective order today. He’ll be served, and the hearing will be approximately two weeks from now. I’m not going to sugar coat things, Deirdre. Given the fact that you never reported the assault or the previous stalking or threats, it’s unlikely we’ll have enough to convince the judge to extend the order. (Claudette)
What do you mean? (Deirdre)



It’s like this. You don’t need proof to file for a temporary protective order. However, you must prove that the other party is harassing you or poses a threat to have the TPO extended beyond a few weeks. (Claudette)



But… but he stalked me for months and even had me followed by his thugs. He tracked me down after I left town and… (Deirdre)



Yes, but the things we can actually prove happened months ago. Walter’s smart. He’ll lawyer up as soon as he’s served, and his legal counsel will advise him to be on his best behavior until he goes before the judge. Trust me; he won’t put one toe out of line before that hearing. That way he can strut into that court room and pretend to be a harmless, law-abiding citizen. (Claudette)



Then how will I keep him away from Alyssa and me? (Deirdre)



I’m betting he won’t be able to keep up the pretense for long. Once he thinks he’s out of the woods, he’ll get up to his old tricks again. And we’ll build a case for a restraining order. I do worry about your safety in the meantime. It might not be a bad idea to take a class in self-defense, or heck, even rekindle an old flame with a muscle-bound ex-boyfriend. (Claudette)
Goodness, you just gave me an idea. (Deirdre)


Thanks for reading!

18 comments:

  1. At least she is finally trying to protect herself, or rather the baby, but I worry it's too late. Walter is a crafty and crazy mutha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't that the truth. Walter is one crazy SOB. I can't wait to introduce y'all to the rest of his family.

      Delete
  2. I had to come back, lol. I get so caught up in the story I forget to comment on how wonderful your sets are! Everything looks very polished and sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I've done that before, too! Thanks! I take that as a compliment in and of itself since the storytelling is my favorite part. Still it means a lot to know that my decorating efforts aren't going unnoticed.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Muff about the awesome sets and decor! And also about the crazy Walter. It makes me think of the Tracy Thurman story, but I do hope it is not too late. I am sure she is thinking of asking Kevin for personal security, but that might even set off Walter more. I see dangerous roads ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phyllis! I love when your comments refer to something I know nothing about and then I have to do research. I just read about the Tracy Thurman story online, which once again confirms that real life is far more extreme than the fiction that comes out of my imagination. That was some scary stuff she went through.

      Delete
  4. Deirdre had better hurry up and get something done. I doubt Walker cares about a restraining order at all. He's straight up nuts. I hope she finds a way to go further away or something. Even Walter flipping things over in front of the baby is a bad sign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL at "straight up nuts" Yep, that about sums him up! And when was the last time a restraining order kept a crazy person in check? Plus, that fool thinks he's above the law.

      Delete
  5. Wow....intense to say the least! Walter is teetering on the edge.....maybe Diedre and Kevin can give him a little nudge so he messes up big time then Diedre can move on....with Kevin. He seems nice, cute too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, I like the way you think! LOL Kevin is definitely a cutie. I doubt Deirdre is ready for another relationship, but at the very least she should hire him as her bodyguard.

      Delete
  6. Great story!! I am anxiously awaiting the next post! Walter is a d fool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Walter is about as crazy as they come.

      Delete
  7. Is it wrong that I laughed when Walter went on his rant about taking pills? Funny, but it does show how crazy he is (but wasn't he also in bed with another woman?). I think it may be too late for Diedre to prove anything substantial. At this point it's just her word against his since she didn't report the earlier incidents. And like the lawyer said, Walter will know how to work things in his favor during the hearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL No, I don't think it's wrong that Walter got no sympathy from you. That rant and his speech about "passion" and "commitment" show just how unbalanced he is. Yep, he was in bed with a woman he picked up someplace. She was clearly a booty call as he sent her on her way the minute he got word about Deirdre.

      Delete
  8. Walter is scary. Glad Deirdre is working to get away from him.

    Both thumbs up for creepy atmosphere and dialogue AND cool settings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, D7ana! I was hoping the creepy atmosphere came across to readers the way it did in my head. I wanted Walter's dialogue to show how emotionally unstable he has become.

      Delete
  9. Wow!This is an awesome story. Walter is wayyy offf. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed it, Tasha! Yep, "Walter is wayyy offf." I couldn't agree more.

      Delete