Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Party's Over (Photo Story)

Walter has accompanied Deirdre to a party at Robyn’s club. It’s an annual soiree that brings together talented artists, musicians, and record label executives.


Are you sure you don’t want anything to eat? (Deirdre)
What I have a taste for isn’t on that buffet table. I’m saving my appetite for you. (Walter)


He bites Deirdre on the ear, and then tries to cop a feel with his free hand. She stops it with her own, and gives him a peck on the cheek to keep things PG. They’re standing in a crowded club, after all.


Well, I’m going over to grab some hors d’oeuvres. I’ll be right back. (Deirdre)


Deirdre bumps into Trey Hightower from PS Records at the food table and they start chatting. After a while, Walter begins to wonder what’s taking her so long to come back. He goes to look for her, and spots her talking and laughing with Trey. He walks over to the table seething.


Hey, Babe. (Deirdre, spotting Walter)


There’s someone I want you to meet. This is Trey Hightower. He’s my contact over at PS Records. Do you remember me telling you that they were interested in signing me to their label? Well, we have been negotiating for the past couple of weeks. We’re still trying to iron out a few details, but Trey here gave me his word that he’d look out for me and help me land the best possible deal. (Deirdre, smiling)


So, you’re the date, huh? (Trey, smiling)
Yes, this is my boyfriend, Walter. (Deirdre)



Your lady is one talented singer, but I’m sure you already know that. My company is very interested in having her. She’s pretty damned demanding, though. (Trey, teasing)



Ha ha, very funny. You’re trying to make me out to be some kind of diva when you know full well that all of my demands have been reasonable.  (Deirdre, laughing)



If you’re free, you guys should join me and my friends in our booth. There are some folks from the company I’d like you to meet. (Trey)



I wish we could, but unfortunately we have to go. (Walter)
Wait. What? (Deirdre, puzzled)



We’re leaving. (Walter)
Trey, would you excuse us for a moment? (Deirdre)



Sure. Take your time. I’ll be waiting just over there in the corner booth. (Trey)



What do you mean we’re leaving? We just go here less than an hour ago. (Deirdre)
I’ve stood here and watched you flirt with that guy right under my nose for long enough. I will not be made a fool of. Party’s over…now let’s go. (Walter)
I’m staying. (Deirdre)


Walter grabs Deirdre’s elbow firmly.

You’re staying? What’s really going on here? You f#@%ing this guy behind my back? Is that how you’re planning to get this record deal? (Walter)
Are you out of your damned mind? (Deirdre)


I’m warning you. Do not make a scene. (Walter)
You’re right. This is neither the time nor the place to be having this conversation. (Deirdre)


Deirdre exits the club quickly. Walter follows her out trying to keep pace, but her steps are brisk with annoyance.
She turns to face him when they get in the car.


Take me home right now. (Deirdre)
You'd like that wouldn't you? Then you could call Trey over for a private after party. (Walter)


You can’t seriously think that? (Deirdre)
I don’t hear you denying it and you sure as hell didn't before. (Walter)


Why the hell would I even respond to such a ludicrous accusation?! (Deirdre)


Deirdre gives Walter the silent treatment until he finally decides to take her home. What she doesn't know is that after she goes inside, he stays parked outside of her condo for the next several hours to make sure Trey doesn't pay her a visit.


Thanks for reading!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is so good! I was "Oohing" and "No he didn't-ing" through the whole thing. I always look at the larger light box photos first and then read the story. In the 16th photo I thought he hit her and I yelled out loud, "Oh no!" and went rushing to read the story. Thank goodness he didn't, but he's still a wackado and she needs to RUN, not walk, away from him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See how quickly he flipped the script- definitely a whackadoodledoo! Yep, I wanted it to look like he was just about to put his hands on her, because I know we haven't seen all he's capable of yet.

      Delete
  2. WOW.....! OK I know I said give him a few chances, but H... to the nooo.... BYE Felicia...../Walter. Im loving that dress, yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The longer she stays, the harder it becomes to walk away. Yes, that Stardoll dress looks as good on her as it does on the doll who came in it.

      Delete
  3. Can you say "STALKER"? This guy is trouble and she better run now before he does something really bad. I don't think I would have left with him because this situation could have gotten violent very quickly alone with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That "I'm warning you..." line would have been enough to make me think twice about being alone with him. Deirdre was trying to avoid an embarrassing situation in front of friends and potential employers.

      Delete
  4. I feel sorry for both of them. Sorry for her because she loves him and doesn't know he's not going to get better. Sorry for him because he probably can't control this craziness without some serious counseling. I had many conversations like that with my ex-husband. I couldn't talk to his male relatives, my male relatives, and some females without him being in the mix. It's so draining dealing with insecure men. You really need to look at how a person was raised to see if there are any signs of potential crazy before you get deeply involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are 100% right about their predicament, Vanessa. This kind of crazy doesn't go away without professional help. It's emotionally draining for the loved ones who must endure these outbursts and who think that love is enough to fix what's wrong. I know from experience that insecure men are exhausting. And you're right that a lot of those issues stem from childhood. I know the signs now, but I didn't recognize them before.

      Delete
  5. It was enthralled. I was hoping she should tell Walter leave and not ruin her chance to make a deal. I'm so disappointed that she allowed him to get her out of that party. Deidre, Girl!. Wake up! Walter is Looney Toons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's in too deep now. She loves Walter and love endures all things. Still, I don't know how much more of his foolishness she'll be able to take. Don't worry, he hasn't ruined her chance of getting signed with Trey's company.

      Delete
  6. Jewell, girl this was awesome!! Walter is a fool! It is easy to say get out, but when that four letter word...l-o-v-e is involved, it can be one of life's hardest decisions. I wanted her to check his crazy behind for embarrassing her though.

    Your set looks great! Great story!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, love has a way of complicating things. Thanks for the positive feedback!

      Delete
  7. Wow. Guess it's good I'm not involved with an insecure man 'cause when he said, "we have to go," I'd have answered, "He so funny. He got to go." Then I'd follow Trey. If Whacko pushed it, I'd sic Security on him.

    You do not @#$%^ up somebody's career because you're jealous. Then again, I don't suppose someone that jealous has enough control to consider that. And I don't suppose she could have stayed - on reflection, Walter would have made a scene. Sigh. That might have screwed her deal with Trey.

    Great storytelling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, D7ana! Walter crossed the line for sure by messing around with Deirdre's work/career. Lucky for him, she isn't big on confrontation. Don't get me wrong, she's no pushover, but she's not as feisty as some of my other ladies. Her best friend, Robyn, on the other hand would have put Walter in his place even if it meant making a scene.

      Delete