Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Taylor Gets a New Wardrobe (Sparkle girlz fashions)

So many doll enthusiasts have blogged recently about Funville's Sparke girlz fashions that I had to make my way to Walmart and check them out for myself. I was excited to see that my local store had several of the $1.97 fashions and a few varieties of the boutique sets. I purchased two of the single fashion packs and one boutique set. Because the Sparkle girlz dolls come in a box with a cone-shaped bottom, it was difficult to estimate their height. The fashions looked like they would be most appropriate for our teenage crowd, so I bought them with High School Musical Taylor and Gabriella in mind.

I probably could have taken better pictures if my one-year-old wasn't fed up by this point and ready to go. Here's a picture of the boutique set I purchased for $8.88. It came with 5 fashions, two purses, and 3 pairs of shoes. Mara and I split the clothes between Gabi and Taylor. I'd hoped the sparkly dress with the rose would work on one of my SIS dolls, but no such luck. There were three different sets at this price.


Here is another set that comes with 28 pieces. 
If I remember correctly, this one was priced between $14-$15.


Here are a few pics of the girls modeling their new digs.


Pros: The price is right. The quality is good for the price (generous velcro closures). The fashions are trendy and cute. There is a LOT of variety. We finally have wardrobe options for Skipper-size dolls.

Cons: Each fashion has eight or more tiny plastic fasteners holding it to the cardboard, making it a pain to remove from the packaging. The dresses all have "panties" sewn in to them that my six-year-old found frustrating as she tried to dress her doll by herself. I plan to snip them for her.

I am quite satisfied with my purchase, and will be checking for these at each Walmart I visit.

7 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a new blog. Are you going to add a "Join this site" button? Those first two outfits look a lot better on the dolls than they do in the package. I saw that package, but didn't give it a second thought until now. That reminds me, I have a Taylor doll here. I haven't shown her in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa, the blog is very new. It will probably just be my shopping ramblings until I learn to take better pictures so I can try a few dios. I don't know if I've ever seen your Taylor doll. I remember you saying that she is the younger sister of one of your other characters, but I can't remember which one. About that button...I plan to add one as soon as I figure out how : )

      Delete
  2. The clothes look so good on those teen bodies. On most pantied fashions you can just push them to one side if you don't want to cut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, Muff! It worked like a charm for me. And I think with practice, Mara will get the hang of it, too.

      Delete
  3. Taylor looks adorable in her new fashions! These look really good on teen dolls. Sharpay and some of my other teens took a photo in some of the SG fashions. I have the same Fashion Boutique set as the first one pictured above, and a couple of others. Can't wait to see how these fit my other teens. My Taylor head is currently on a LIV doll body, and I'm hoping that some of these will fit her well even on that larger body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roxanne, thanks for visiting. These fashions are perfect for our teen dolls. Vanessa showed a few SG fashions on a Liv body, and the fit was great. I'm heading over now to see Sharpay and your other teens in their new clothes.

      Delete
  4. The Spirit of the Lord is with them that fear him. Fashionsty

    ReplyDelete