Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Barbie Collector Orders 1 & 2

Order 1
1. Tim Gunn Collection for Barbie Accessory Pack 2: This was my real reason for placing the order. I’m a long time Tim Gunn fan and I love this accessory pack. Those boots! The pack was marked down to $9.96, but there’s something about paying more for shipping and handling than for the actual item that makes one feel cheated…so I ordered more stuff.



2. Life in the Dreamhouse Nikki: I admit to watching a few episodes of Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse. Did I mention that I have two daughters? Anyways, I happen to really like Nikki’s character and I think her outfit is cute. Besides I didn’t want Dreamhouse Raquelle to be the only resident in Dollton with a cartoonish face. Now she has company and someone capable of keeping her snarkiness in check. She was marked down to $9.99, which is about half off her original price as seen in stores.



3. Malibu Avenue Bakery: This is my only full price purchase from BC.com to date. I have learned that play sets with good props must be snatched up right away. What I like most about this play set and the others available from Barbie Collector.com is that they don’t come prepackaged with a doll. We don’t want another blonde, blue-eyed, stiff as a board Barbie. We just want the awesome props. Granted it’s too much pink (and this is coming from someone who lists pink as a favorite color) but the details are adorable. This play set is a Christmas gift for Mara, and I think she will love it. I decided to buy it now just in case it sells out. The market play set has already had to be restocked once.



Order 2
1. Barbie The Look Wardrobe: I’ve read nothing but good things about this wardrobe, and I have to say the reviewers were right. I doubt that I would have paid full retail price for this item, but I got mine for less than $20 and at that price it was too good to pass up. It was marked down to $39.99 with $20 off with the purchase of two fashions. I ordered the two below. Both fashion packs were on clearance for $6.96 plus I got an additional 20% off. The wardrobe will be used in Chandra’s fashion boutique, Le Chic Boutique.

2. Poolside Barbie Fashion: I like the swimsuit cover up, menu, and poolside refreshments. This is just the sort of thing Camille would wear.


3. Pink on the Green Barbie Fashion: I think this too will be Camille’s. I can just picture her playing golf with her hubby, Dr. Edwards.



4 comments:

  1. I've read every single one of your posts and you've found/purchased some fabulous things. I love that you are sharing this activity with your daughter, well not that she's allowed to touch YOUR dolls, lol.

    I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Vanessa! I'm enjoying the wardrobe especially.

      Delete